The modern database for the sports club.
VVwin Club Management is a modern database program for sports clubs. His strength consists in the fact that it is strictly relational. This means that data are never again to be entered as once and that these stand only at a place in the database, even if they are used in several modules.
- The data are saved in tables; every table contains information to a certain object. In VVwin there are 53 tables.
- The shortcut occurs about views. A view is a sort of pseudo table, a table facade which allows to combine data from several tables. It is put on in VVwin not on the hard disk, but in the memory of the computer!
- The tables of all ranges from VVwin – Member Administration, Fee Management, Financial Accounting and Sports Use – are combined in one single file, also all indexes. There is no 'file salad' on the hard disk like with some other databases!
- The same is valid for the menu guidance. All modules run under a common face. You must not change the program, and there is no style break in the service like with other association software. I understand this by modern database!
VVwin Club Management puts the new standard for user-friendliness and computer power with relational Database Management Systemen on PCs. You as a user would like to devote themselves to your work without looking after how you can make the DBMS deliver the required results. No other association-standard software comes close to this demand thus like VVwin.
- With masks for the query of data the information contained in the database on the display can be indicated and be edited. In VVwin there are 58 masks (Forms).
- With lists can be filtered data amassedly, be done clear ordered, calculations and connections be illustrated. In VVwin there are 75 lists (Reports).
- In application program allows the pull-down menu face to you to move intuitively in the program. In certain manner the database by the application receives a sort of own way of life. The application looks like own program, but in reality makes the database program behind the scenery the real work. In VVwin there are 5 program modules.
- You can work with program modules like with windows, thus as you would have different programs before yourselves. VVwin allows to you (or another user) like to work at the same time under Windows commonly, with several modules. Thus the start window with the stock data stays always open, and you can access from the lower bar this and take over values directly in the opened mask in the second window.
- It can be requested to every menu item help without having to exit the program. The help is realised everybody in the form of web pages and can be used so also outside the Club Management.
- Important tables or single lists are saved while calling the menu items automatically as a csv file, formatted text file (txt, rtf, pdf) or formatted web page.
- The program is able of network.
—> You can administer the data from different computers, as long as these are in the network interlocking and the database is on one computer which acts as a server.
- The program is able of Client for up to 5 Clubs. Every Club has own stock data.
—> Clients can be, e.g., a bigger division of the Club with own accountancy, the conveyor association or several Clubs with common office.
- The program is prepared for polyglot company. Every Client and every user can select his language.
- The program grants account policies for the program modules to users.
- Steps there to the barrier freedom:
— All masks can be stretched by click on the triangular icon beside x, i.e. be customised on your screen size, besides, the character font is enlarged with. Normal opening on full image against it leaves the character font small. With it the legibility is improved.
— Youy move with [Tab] by the fields of a mask or click with the mouse. With the abandonment of the field this is already saved. A [Return] is not necessary. The field which is ready for the input is deposited fiercely yellow. Youy see so better where the cursor is responsible. A field with choice is deposited fiercely green. This means for you: 'with right click select' (not with double click). The Windows convention is fulfilled with it, that a choice window with right click it is opened. This concerns, as a rule, choice from the stock data, e.g., key for divisions, fees, functions etc. you click, select, confirm – and the field is properly filled, the cursor goes to the next field.
VVwin Club Management the modern database management system R:BASE® of R:BASE Technologies, Inc, forms the basis. VVwin becomes a management thereby one of the quickest databases available currently for the Club Management. For data bases beyond 2 GB of border there is a 64-bit version.
- Provide for the highest speed
— accelerated to access to hard disk
— efficient data indexing system
— smart query optimizer
— 32-or 64-bit programming under use of the 'ANSI-Level II-SQL'
— saving of all data of all tables in one single file inside the database
— execution of form operations, entry exit procedures and stored procedures in the memory of the computer
— temporary tables and views.
VVwin Club Management profits from in the DBMS R:BASE as one of the first PC databases integrated principle SQL constraints. The primary keys and foreign keys dispose of all possibilities of the index system and save the integrity of the data already at the structure level. In the teamwork from index, rule and primarily / foreign key puts to VVwin a new standard for the data integrity and safety of PC databases in the Club Management.
- All table data are saved encoded in the database. An access to data is not possible beyond the R:Base-developing environment. This makes VVwin certainly against attacks on your hard disk.
- Dealings with data in VVwin :
— Not personal data like the stock data are stored with every access automatically as csv files on the hard disk.
— Personal data are stored always encoded and cannot be read outside by VVwin . The monthly backups of the members and booking data as well as all backups belong to it with the turn of the year.
— You can receive uncoded table data everywhere where a menu point /Export /Import is offered, e.g., in the menu point Database/Export /Import. Provide then yourselves for the fact that these files do not remain on the hard disk and do not come in wrong hands.
— Vice versa you can force encoded backup in the menu point Database/Encoded export /Encoded import.
- Security of the data on the Internet:
VVwin permits with open programme and open data bank at no place the access on or by the Internet. Today it is not made sure any more that about such accesses of the opponent unauthorised also other data are not sucked off. You can access about VVwin , e.g., not directly interfaces to your sports alliance (with the Members Inquest) or your bank (with the SEPA payments). We offer rather exchange files in the XML format which you can transfer into the on-line main entrances of the sports alliances or the banks.
You cannot buy to VVwin Club Management – I do not work commercially. The program is passed on to non-profit sports clubs in the form of annual licenses. The fee includes the license fee for the R: Base development environment, as well as development and support costs. The Club budget is not loaded by a high acquisition, and the support and updates are included for one year. This offers you only VV!
R:BASE® eXtreme 9.5
R:BASE eXtreme 9.5 is a completely new relational database development environment that has been amplified to provide the latest menu-driven features to database professionals. With the R:BASE engine established as the foundation of stability, the program interface and designers have been enhanced to fully exhibit the highest quality of development usability.
The "eXtreme" in the product's name signifies the cutting-edge development interface incorporated into the R:BASE program making database and application development more productive.
R:BASE offers many key advantages over other databases - advantages that are better suited to overall business or departmental needs. R:BASE is designed much like the powerhouse database management systems of the mainframe and mid-range computer world, while empowering the individual business user.
© Dr. Hartmut Braun, Karlsruhe